Accuracy of the Fab...

Accuracy of the FabScanPi  

RSS
Michik
(@michik)

Hello, could you tell me what resolution can be achieved after careful calibration? 

Posted : 17/03/2019 10:17 pm
mario
(@mario)
Member Admin

Hello Michik,

as it is in the kit with one laser (the one in the kit), default raspberry pi camera i measured +-100/200 microns. Depends on your build and calibration. 

A laser with a sharper/thinner line, another camera module with better optics and maybe a green laser instead of a red one might bring even a better resolution. I have all the stuff lying around here, but i had not the time to give it try. 

A second laser will not necessarily bring more resolution but more precise results. That is something i am working on at the moment as you can see on the pictures.

-Mario 

snapshot00
Bildschirmfoto 2019 02 23 um 12.36.15

white right laser, blue left laser. 
This post was modified 4 months ago 3 times by mario
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 7:07 am
Michik
(@michik)

Thanks for the info! Another question about the dimensional accuracy regarding scaling. I only have some experience with Photogrammatry. There a scaling factor must be determined by known measure points. Is that the same with laser recognition. How do I get a 1:1 scale?

VG Michael

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 5:23 pm
mario
(@mario)
Member Admin

The calibration algorithm can determine the scaling factor. Once calibrated the scale for the results is 1:1. No up or downscaling needed. 

This post was modified 4 months ago by mario
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 7:43 pm
Share: