First impressions a...

First impressions after 6 weeks  

RSS
Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Eminent Member

I bought the scanner in February and now after 6 weeks intensively examining all possible variants of the setting options of the v. 0.7.0 I have the v.0.5.0 installed. Nothing went right with the new release. The scan with a resolution of more than 50% stopped. Even at low resolutions every 3rd scan has crashed. The logfile can not be downloaded. Scans stored in history can not be retrieved. When trying to open it, the PI crashes. I have tested everything under win 10 x64, since my other PC with Ubuntu 18.04 32 bit in the browser displays only half of the surface. I thought first, it's the hardware. No, this works. Simple models like cup or glasses are well represented. in models with undercuts, no good 3D model comes out, as they can not be detected by the laser .... a second laser (which will hopefully be addressed in the next release) is there mandatory. I bought the Hat, Laser, Stepmotor and the driver 2 times. Under the v. 0.5.0 works fine now and I'm thrilled. This is a verry interested project.

Posted : 21/04/2019 3:52 pm
mario
(@mario)
Member Admin

A lot of core things changed from version 0.5.0 to 0.7.0. A lot of people reported scanner software crashes. I will do my best to fix this issue. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2019 4:43 pm
Share: