Scan error 75%, 100...

Notifications

Scan error 75%, 100% + Meshlab PLY error in STL  

RSS
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

Google Translate
hello everyone and thanks to Mario for this new version V 0.8.2.
The scanner works wonderfully with two red lasers. But I have two small concerns.
The first, when I want to launch a 75% or 100% quality scan. The scans fail every time. Do you have a solution ?.
The second is Meshlab. Meshlab only works once to convert a PLY to STL. It was when I re-installed Meshlab 1.3.0 manually and it worked while only one laser was in operation. from the moment I add one (2) "color": "R (RGB)", Meshlab no longer converted the PLY. And since impossible to convert the PLY. Even after installing several SD cards, and adding Meshlab 1.3.0 manually. Do you have a solution, because it's a shame. I find this awesome scanner. After mounting 5 or 6 different scanners. I can assure that FabscanPi and the best and far.
Another small point, but not very important, to light the LED. It must be turned off and then turned on so that it lights up. But it's not really annoying.
Thank you to those who will take the trouble to read this message, see to answer it.

FabscanPi, does a very good scan. Wood piece sets of small horses (color 50% quality)

Scan couleur 50%
Posted : 18/01/2020 8:50 am
Topic Tags
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

I test the order

sudo systemctl activer dphys-swapfile

reboot

and i tell you if its working.
Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2020 9:09 am
Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Estimable Member

with 75% you must have cooling  the CPU. Take a look in the logfile. You can see the temperature is around 85 degrees. This is not godt. In the German Thread you can find a picture from my cooling. I have round about 62 degrees.

https://fabscan.org/community/german/0-8-2-scan-fiert-ein/paged/2/

This post was modified 1 month ago by Danilo0702
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2020 4:23 pm
mario
(@mario)
Member Admin

This is my cooling solution. And it seems to work. I have a thermal camera now and i will do some measurements during the next days. 

https://fabscan.org/community/general/new-software-release-v-0-8-0/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2020 10:04 pm
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

Thank you for your answers Danilo0702 and Mario. However I already have a cooling system (see images). I did some tests and the temperature never goes above 55 ° even if the Fabscanpi runs for 48 hours (see more). I added a power supply from 10v to 12v for the ventilation. Unfortunately I can no longer find the link of the stl of this ventilation.
As described above, I tested the command line:
sudo systemctl activate dphys-swapfile
reboot
Which seems to have worked. Even if 10 minutes before the end of the 100% scan an error on my part caused the scan to crash. But the scan will only miss 10 minutes. So I guess its should work. This morning January 19 at 6:00 am, I started again a 100% color scan (difficult to scan because holes in the middle). I will tell you more at the end of the scan. Who the first blow to last 6:00 a little, is that normal ?.
By cons the quality of the scan looked at the top of the top.
For Meshlab, do you have a solution ?.
Thanks again to both of you.

fabscanpi2
fabscanpi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2020 5:14 am
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

using the FabscanPi, how to access and recover the PLY file?
Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2020 5:38 pm
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

For those who, like me, wish to access the file on their micro SD card (other than boot) use this software:
Paragon ExtFS for Windows

https://forum.recalbox.com/topic/5307/tuto-acc%C3%A9der-aux-partitions-de-sa-carte-sd-directement-sous-windows

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 4:51 am
mario liked
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

For those like me, wish to see the PLY in raw form (text):
Right click on the PLY and open it with block note or WordPad
Any stupidity

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by tatoo23
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 7:34 am
tatoo23
(@tatoo23)

Very good tutorial for, among other things, bringing together two point clouds with Meshlab.
Page 10

https://docplayer.fr/47945258-Guide-de-post-traitement-du-nuage-de-points.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2020 9:35 am
Share: