CIMG0706
CIMG0704
CIMG0703
10 Replies
Hamishi
Topic starter
(@hamishi)
Eminent Member

My calibration sheet fabricated from PCB.

The camera adjustment by means of M3x16 bolts and nuts. My camera was way off.

The support for the sides to fix the gap between the lid and the sides made from M3 thread, bought in the hardware store.

Hamishi
Topic starter
(@hamishi)
Eminent Member

This picture shows the pads C1 and C2 connected to 5V.

Hamishi
(@hamishi)

Eminent Member

Hi Mario,

The picture of the fabscanpi HAT should be placed in the topic about the configuration for a 400 step motor and the TMC2208 driver as this picture shows the bridges to be shorted in order to pull MS1 and MS2 to 5V for 1/16 configuration.

Regards,

Hamishi

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @hamishi

The camera adjustment by means of M3x16 bolts and nuts. My camera was way off.

Very Nice, Thanks for the photos!

When you say Camera was way off - do you mean focus?  If so were you able to adjust the camera lens with the focus tool or is there some other setting that you were adjusting for? 

mario
Admin
(@mario)

Honorable Member

@mcinerney

Posted by: @mcinerney

When you say Camera was way off

The camera often is way off. The lens is glued with tape to the pcb. In most cases the camera does not hit the center of the turntable, when it's mounted to the case. In this case you need to press gently on the lens to get a perfect alignment. But keep in mind that wood is a working material. So the solution of @Hamishi is much better. 

But there is also a third solution. Never tried that but it looks promising.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2148809

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

@Hamishi

Just created a new topic for this, because this is not related to the faq topic anymore. ;-)

Hamishi
Topic starter
(@hamishi)
Eminent Member

When you look at the picture you can see that I had to skew the camera quite a lot. The nuts on the other side don't have any space between them. I came up with this arrangement after I tried to push the camera as Mario stated in his reply, but that didn't work very well.

With my method you have full control and you can make fine adjustments.

The thing2148809 looks very nice but will costs I think a lot more then just four bolts and 12 nuts. And besides that I still have to assemble my 3D printer, I didn't open the box yet.

Also the focus of the camera I had to adjust, the camera came with the jig. With objects that have considerable distances in the horizontal directions one sees that the depth of focus is to small to get a sharp line for all the pictures taken. One may have to adjust it depending on the object.

I think I encountered all problems related to assembling the kit discussed in this forum, including the motor turning in the wrong direction.

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)

Trusted Member

@hamishi

OK, I didn't have that problem, I must be lucky, all I had to do was tweak the lens a little to the right and the green cross hairs aligned up perfectly.

Am I also to understand that the distance form the camera to the center of the table has no effect, as long as the camera is in focus?

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

I think I encountered all problems related to assembling the kit discussed in this forum, including the motor turning in the wrong direction.

Good that there is a topic for all the problems. But i think i need to do more work on the documenation. Still looking for support :)

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

The picture of the fabscanpi HAT should be placed in the topic about the configuration for a 400 step motor and the TMC2208 driver as this picture shows the bridges to be shorted in order to pull MS1 and MS2 to 5V for 1/16 configuration.

Just moved it.

Share: