Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Stepper motor set up?

Page 2 / 2

Cyberplod
Topic starter
(@cyberplod)

Thank you gentlemen! I have updated to 0.9.3 candidate and am getting much better results, though still at 1600. I am on a steep learning curve with the electronics and spent a lot of time yesterday reading up on stepper drivers and the picture is beginning to form....

Not quite sure I have the courage to get the soldering iron out just yet.

Would it be easier to buy a 2100??

5 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)

@cyberplod when you are not sure. It might be better to use a 2100 driver. On the other hand just bridging those pads is not that hard even if you don't have the most advanced soldering skills. I will check if i have some of the 2209 drivers here and give it a try. Afterwards i will report if it is working. I think i need to add all those information about the different driver configurations to the documentation.

Cyberplod
(@cyberplod)

@Mario - thank you. On a personal level, I want to master this! I started with PCs in the 80s when there was no FM to R ;) and digital forensics in the 90s when all was waiting to be discovered. If you, or anyone else, has a photo of the soldered jumpers I will give it a try. If I can't make it work, I'll fit a 2100. If it is of any help, when I am up to speed I will try to collate some notes of the challenges that I have experienced as a beginner in this field

mario
Admin
(@mario)

@cyberplod i got my 2209 drivers today. Just did the soldering. But without success, the motor is not even moving ( i ordered a second one and also tried this one, just to be sure that the first one is not broken). I will give it another try tomorrow.

Cyberplod
(@cyberplod)

@mario thanks - I finally got the soldering iron out - my soldering is very ugly, but it worked and scans at 3200 are coherent.

....Now to working out the meshing software ..... 🤔

Mouse

I notice that it is not only bunnies that have ear problems 😆 

mario
Admin
(@mario)

@cyberplod Thank you for sharing your progress. You should scan the bunny in a second pose. Afterwards try to align both scans by using MeshLab. Thats the typical way to go. I will close this topic cause it seems to be solved. I would appreaciate to see some more of your results. Maybe you can start a new topic.

Page 2 / 2
Share: