Notifications
Clear all

Calibration sheet query  

Page 2 / 2

Cyberplod
(@cyberplod)

Initial calibration reported OK. Results of first scans "weird" - just swirls of dots, but very early days yet....

Going back to basics:

Calibration sheet used is that from Github - 8 x 6. To confirm - is this using hex notation, starting at "0" ? Whilst this is very familiar to me from my daily work, in terms of visible printed material I would normally expect this grid to be referred to as "9 x 7" (assuming I have the right file!!). Not a criticism, but a point for potential confusion.

Secondly, printed at normal resolution, squares are 11 x 11 mm, whilst config setting is 10 - again, is this hex or dec 10?

I THINK I know the answer, but "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

Further question: is candidate release 0.9.3 available for testing? Changelog suggests that issues I posted about yesterday may have been fixed.

Steve

8 Replies
1 Reply
moop
 moop
(@moop)

@cyberplod For the calibration sheet, the rows and columns are the intersections (I had the same problem as I counted squares and got 9x7 which doesn't work).Decimal in the config file. measure your squares and use that dimension. The height dimension is used to determine where the turntable is.

Cyberplod
(@cyberplod)

Thanks Danilo, I much appreciate the hard work that has gone into this and continues to be done. I don't know how many times I have read the documentation and how I missed that it was the connection points, not the number of squares to which 8x6 refers. I have posted this so that if someone else ever had the same query the answer is in the thread.I would like to think that if I was not under heavy medication after a shoulder replacement, I would not have missed it. (I would really like to be 47 again though.......)

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member
Page 2 / 2
Share: