Please help. I’m ru...

Notifications
Clear all

Please help. I’m running out of hair to rip out.  

Page 3 / 3

leonnoel
(@leonnoel)
Eminent Member

I am not familiar with Apple product operation but here are my thoughts.

I understand that you are presently plugged into a router with Lan cables for both the raspberry pi and the Mac. Both should show IP addresses in your router login if you access it which you are doing through ssh.  Do you have an actual internet connection showing on the Mac.  You will not be able to do an update or dist-upgrade to the pi without an internet connection no matter if you are using 0.9.2 or o9.3 software. I can do the operation with either software version and suggest that you use the stable 0.9.2 software until your equipment is working.

I think that the boot loader needs to be flashed to the hat you have, or the soldered connection on the 1st hat is unsoldered and put on correctly which may or may not work.  I assume that you have carefully looked at the soldered connections on your present hat and that they look good.

In the meantime, just for a little encouragement:

To verify that the camera is working-plug the output of the pi into a hdmi capable monitor-a tv set for example- this is to be able to see the camera output as I don't believe it will show on the Mac when using ssh to command the pi.

Using ssh, the fabscanpi serve must be stopped using the command "sudo systemctl stop fascanpi-server" without quotes and return.

Then "raspistill -t 0" return, at that time a sideways view of the compartment will show and you be able to focus the camera . No green lines will show as that is part of the web server function.  Camera is turned sidewise to give the maximum number of pixels in the vertical direction.

To exit the picture, do a control C and the normal ssh view screen will show on the Mac.

If the hat is working (which I doubt)  you can try to turn on a laser-laser 0 for instance-by inputting the command- "sudo echo "M19" > /dev/ttyAMA0"  quotes around the M19 are needed.  This should turn on the ist laser if the hat is working.  to turn off make the M19 a M20 instead.

A "sudo reboot" or "sudo shutdown now"  is probably the simple way to get back to normal.

Good luck, I'm going to have another cup of coffee, will be checking later.

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Posted by: @gothamfx

According to research further, " 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isOpen' " refers to something in Python that "instead of an instance of whatever Class or Object you think you're working with, you've actually got 'None'...

This is a well known bug in the current (0.9.2) "stable" release. Your best option is using the testing branch like @danielo0702 mentioned. Cause the next upcoming release (0.9.3) is in testing and seems to be stable. I will try to release it in the upcoming days. It will come with a new image. 

GothamFX
(@gothamfx)

Thanks! I’ll try it!

fingers crossed...

1 Reply
GothamFX
(@gothamfx)

Seriously guys, thanks to all so much for your help. I’ll be back with results. 

leonnoel
(@leonnoel)
Eminent Member

Thanks to Mario for clearing up an issue.  Both of my machines seem to work ok with both software versions.  In addition to making the change to fabscanpi.list, I think an internet connection must be established to do an actual update and upgrade.  When that is done, hopefully the firmware is loaded to the hat and everything can proceed from there.

Page 3 / 3
Share: