10 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
mario
Admin
Topic starter
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Release 0.9.2 is out. It fixes some issues which came with 0.9.1. I also tried to fix the automatic update in the frontend. Which means that the upgrade from 0.9.2 to the upcoming 0.9.3 should work by just clicking on the update message (when 0.9.3. is out).

As usual there is a new image: https://github.com/mariolukas/FabScanPi-Build-Raspbian/releases/tag/v.2020-07-21-01-35

I strictly recommend to use that image, especially when you experimented with the testing branch. 

Feedback welcome.

9 Replies
leonnoel
(@leonnoel)
Trusted Member

I have downloaded the software and run a successful calibration and scan. I was able to save the scans to the browser host computer.  The calibration file is saved to the Pi SD card in ?home/pi/scans as usual but no scan files are saved to that directory. 

mario
Admin
(@mario)

Honorable Member

@leonnoel  Have  you  used a fresh installation  from the latest image? Can you upload your log file please?

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)
Trusted Member

All working great on my system.  Thanks for the work Mario!

mario
Admin
Topic starter
(@mario)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @mcinerney

All working great on my system. 

Are you  able to download the ply file after a scan and open it in meshlab without problems? 

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)

Trusted Member

@mario  Well, Yes I was, but this was a low resolution scan, 52,000 Kb, down loaded and opened in meshlab.

Was also able to do the same with a larger scan 50% resolution scan 100,000 kb - worked fine.

Just tried a 100% resolution scan, 414,000kb, it would not download.

If I try and load a scan via the UI, smaller scans will show the red line about 75% across the screen, larger files do not show the red line, but none of them show up in the UI.  

If I use filezilla to transfer the 414,000Kb 100% resolution scan, it downloads fine and opens in Meshlab.

So, here is what I think.  If you download smaller files right after the scan is done, they download fine and open in meshlab.  Large scans (above 50% resolution) will not download from the UI, but can be downloaded via Filezilla.

I will try a 100% scan and try to download right after scan is done, just to double check.

Hope this makes sense....

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)
Trusted Member

Update - I was able to complete a scan at 100% resolution, but when I tried to download the file from the UI I received a 404 error.

Capture 1

But, I was able to transfer the file via filezilla and open it in meshlab, no problem.

Again I hope this helps.

mcinerney
(@mcinerney)

Trusted Member

One more update, I an scanning w/o color.

mario
Admin
Topic starter
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Thank you. I think i found some reasons. I hope i can bring a bugfix release as soon as possible ( maybe a couple of days ). 

leonnoel
(@leonnoel)
Trusted Member

I apologize for being late in any response.  Where do you find the time.  I am in agreement with mcinerey that the highest resolution scans are not saved to /home/pi/scans on the sd card.  Lesser resolutions are saved.  today I tried to duplicate the conditions and had the same results except for with the resolution slide I could only select the 16, 8, and 1 resolutions.  It is my understanding that download arrows on the menu allow one to download  .sly point cloud files to the browser host computer and the scan is normally saved to the /home/pi/scans folder.  Immediately after the scan apparently the scan files are somewhere in memory and I can type the command cp -r /home/pi/scans/20200724-103035 202724-103035 for example and it copies to the home directory the folder 20200724-103035 for example. that is when I am lucky and get the command right.  I have not ever successful at attaching anything to a reply.  Here is a tria

l.

Share: