3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
moop
 moop
Topic starter
(@moop)

@mario

I would like to make some customizations to the UI to add some additional controls. I am new to Rasberry PI and not quite sure where to start. Could you give a quick outline on the process of building the Fabscan-server from the github repository and how Fabscanpi is structured in the raspberry PI? Are there instructions in the Github repository? Are the raw .py files compiled at runtime on the RPI or are they precompiled? 

I understand that your working on a new UI and I dont want to take up your time, but a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for all of your hard work!

PS I made my first scans last night, thank you for the help

first scan
2 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

I will try to do some documentation on how to setup a dev environment this weekend. But do not invest too much time in the Frontend because we are working on a new Frontend based on Typescript and Angular 7. Instead of AngularJS with Coffee Script. 

You can find some of the current work here: https://github.com/KaZZacH/FabScanPi-Frontend/tree/ng7-port  

moop
 moop
(@moop)

@mario My main intrest is adding an option to do a partial scan (x-deg rather than 360-deg) Is there a chance you could implement that in the new frontend? on a side note, If I cancel a scan after it has started generating the point cloud, is there a place to recover the partial point cloud? or is it junked upon cancel?

Share: