Motor not moving or...

Notifications
Clear all

Motor not moving or responding to commands from control window.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

@mario

Unable to get motor to respond using a TMC2130 driver. Have checked all solder joints and they are fine.  Just will not move the disk when I try to turn on the motor in the control panel. Which thank you I have that done. I have properly updated the config.json to reflect that it has a 200 step motor in it. Just not getting any response to commands. Driver is firmly mounted.

2 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Is it a TMC2100 or TMC2130? I don't have that much experience with the TMC2130. But check if you wired the motor in a correct way. It is important that you have wired it like it is described in the documentation. You need to find the coil pairs. Check the motor current Vref should be at a voltage of ~0.7 - 0.8V.

m.marino
(@m-marino)

Eminent Member

@mario

Vref is at 1.10 with the motor being a 17HS8401 Link here:

https://datasheet4u.com/datasheet-pdf/MotionKing/17HS8401/pdf.php?id=928665

As normal with stepper motors the last four numbers are important on current and impedance.

Driver is this one:

https://shop.watterott.com/SilentStepStick-TMC2130-Stepper-Motor-Driver

Looking at the wiring diagram the motore is wired from looking down and left to right B2 B1 A1 A2. As such the wires are blue, red, black, green.

Mario IF there is another driver that you know of that can reasonably handle this most (not under power the torque), please let me know and I may just change out the driver. This scanner is going to be going into service in my business and also I will be further learning to the code to help (I hate coding by the way, love hardware design and setting up systems but hate coding).

Thanks for all the help you have given so far and wondering IF it is worth while to go down to 1/32 steps with this motor to help increase the resolution. I will be getting new lasers as the ones I have are not able to be focused and one is slightly fuzzy.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Share: