9 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

@Mario

Which pin out need to be used for getting a 12V fan options working on the FabScan board. I have a working model version that I have printed and will gladly put up a video on it's assembly and the design I did and why. Will also post the model to thingiverse so folks can download and print it if they want to.

Michael

8 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Sounds great. Can you give us some updates?

m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

Still trying to get the pins right for power but here is the Thingiverse link for the design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4183743

Additional items when assembling this is a 2 x 30mm bolts for the duct connection, 2 x 2.5/3mm x10mm bolts for the base, 1 x standoff for the FabScanPi board (this gives the height for the duct to fit in). The needed nuts for the above mentioned bolts. 

One nice point is this separates the power plug points so it is easier to plug all the power in. While not having to modify the box side at all.

This does go over the hole for access Pi SD card, but i found it still reasonable for accessing the card if needed.

Suggest PETG or other moderate to high temp filament for printing and using supports on the actual duct. This does take into the motor for the turntable so it should not be an issue with mounting for folks.

My only issue is figuring out which pins on the FabScanPi hat I can tap into for power so that I am not having to tap directly into the 12V power plug.

As stated I am using a 12V fan with this for the increased CFM.

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @m-marino

Still trying to get the pins right for power but here is the Thingiverse link for the design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4183743

Additional items when assembling this is a 2 x 30mm bolts for the duct connection, 2 x 2.5/3mm x10mm bolts for the base, 1 x standoff for the FabScanPi board (this gives the height for the duct to fit in). The needed nuts for the above mentioned bolts. 

One nice point is this separates the power plug points so it is easier to plug all the power in. While not having to modify the box side at all.

Thank you for sharing your design.

Posted by: @m-marino

My only issue is figuring out which pins on the FabScanPi hat I can tap into for power so that I am not having to tap directly into the 12V power plug.

As stated I am using a 12V fan with this for the increased CFM.

IMG 20200219 214738

You can get the power from the unused motor driver connectors. 12V from VMot and 5V from logic for motor driver (vio). In my case i am powering the fan with 5V. 

m.marino
(@m-marino)

Eminent Member

@mario

Thanks, will try it out and let you know what improvement if any it makes and any changes that i make to the design.

Michael

m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

@mario

It works now just have to put a muffler on it and also upload the photos I have taken of it so folks get a better idea of how it is installed.

Again thanks and it does do a very good job on temp.

Michael

yhellowt
(@yhellowt)

@m-marino, where can I find the pictures? What fan are you using?

m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

Here are some photo's of the shroud and it's assembly. Sorry for the delay in posting. These photos show the general design and how it effects placement of power inputs as well as the stacking. I hope that it helps folks.

Happy Easter,

Michael

DSCN4837
DSCN4835
DSCN4834
DSCN4832
DSCN4833

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Here ist a link of @m-marino  design on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4267118

Share: