problem with calibration

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Danilo0702
Topic starter
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member

Hey, I set up my Fabscan and it works. The biggest problem is calibrating. What do I have to do? I can not find instructions. The laser must be vertical or inclined on the chessboard-pattern? I get the message, the calibration was ok, but the subsequent scan just looks like a bullet. Also the Fabscan does not meshed in another format after scan. I will wait many hours but nothing --- only one .ply file. I hope everyone can help.

6 Replies
AndreaCH
(@andreach)

Hi Danilo0702,
I have a bit of trouble too, so I can't get the scans done correctly, I'm investigating. The laser beam must be perfectly vertical and must pass through the center of the plate. The superimposed vertical line of the camera must pass through the center of the plate. The calibration table with the white and black checkerboard must be placed in front of the camera. The lid of the container must be closed. The calibration takes about 10 minutes or less. Mesh creation can be done when you open the saved scan, on the right you see icons including the one that allows you to execute the mesh where you can select the output file format, even directly STL to be able to print it.
Andrea

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)

Reputable Member

I have a scanned file and I open the bottom right. I choose output format ---- stl (obj), and the meshing process starts. But nothing is displayed. Even after several hours not when I'm waiting

AndreaCH
(@andreach)

Danilo0702,
at the end of the meshing a small signal appears at the top left that disappears immediately, so it can escape the view. When it is finished you see another tab on the left, to the right of the point cloud. (Or from the system shell the meslab-server process is no longer executed).
Andrea

Danilo0702
Topic starter
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member

I do not know what's wrong

bild1

bild2

bild3

bild4

bild5

AndreaCH
(@andreach)

Danilo0702, have you tried to look at the file /var/log/fabscanpi/fabscanpi.log?

Danilo0702
Topic starter
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member

yes, everything is ok. But i have 5 logfiles in the folder.

Share: