3 Users
2 Likes
mario
Admin
Topic starter
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Hello to all, 

as you all know, the Raspberry Pi foundation released a new high quality camera module a couple of days ago. I want to give it a try. But first i need a way to mount it in place of the old v2 camera module. 

I am looking for a solution to mount the new camera on the LED ring pcb. I know that the new module is bigger than the old one. That will result in covering some parts of the led's. But for first experiments i want to try something like a "cross" shaped adapter where i can mount the camera and the whole thing should be mountable on the existing screws of the led pcb. 

IMG 20200508 075917

I hope this will give you an idea. If there are better solution, i would appreciate that.

The mechanical drawing of the new camera module can be found here: 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/camera/mechanical/rpi_MECH_HQcamera_1p0.pdf

Who can design something?

4 Replies
stef1186
(@stef1186)
Eminent Member

Hi Mario,

what do you think of making a kind of adapter that you screw over the "old" mounting holes of the camera to the LED ring and screw the "nex" camera onto it?

I could possibliy design a stl file for you over the weekend.

mario
Admin
Topic starter
(@mario)
Honorable Member

That is exactly what i have in my mind. 

stef1186
(@stef1186)
Eminent Member

Have a look on it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4346840

I hope it will work

m.marino
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

@mario

One issue, is what lens are you looking to be the basis of the updated design? As The lens height will change were you want to place the module unit. It is one of the items I am looking at as well. 

Share: