Max Potential Objec Size

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
huwied
Topic starter
(@huwied)

Hello from UK,

I have been looking at this scanner for some time now and tried to follow along with the recent updates on the webinar, my German is limited but what i could follow looked very interesting. It seems to tick all the boxes i am after.

Just one question i have, im looking to scan objects up to 340mm x 120mm, is that possible with this device without any major modification?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

I think it is not possible with the default housing, cause the default sizes are 140 (table diameter) and max height of the object can be about 140 -150 mm. 

But you can build a custom housing for the fabscan, by keeping the original electronic parts (there are also bundles available without the housing)  or just use one of the ciclop scanner designs (you can find a couple of them on thingiverse).

The key component is the software. The software is capable to work with a bigger hardware designs.

huwied
Topic starter
(@huwied)

That’s great thanks Mario! .... really excited to give this a try I think it will be a huge advantage to my workflow.... 

ChristopheD
(@christophed)

Hi , I have a similar question.

I'd like to scan a rather large object ( base diameter 300mm , height 1100mm), but I would like to know if it would make sense to do it.

Object I'd like to measure : 3D object -> RC helicopter

I've made some drawings with the distance needed for the PI camera to "see" the object completely and to align the laser in a 45° angle to the rotation table. Dimensions measuring rig

Do you think I would be able to have a good scanning result with the FABSCAN hardware/software ?

Regards ,

Christophe

Share: