New Pi Camera

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

Is anyone thinking of integrating the new Raspberry Pi camera into there scanner? If someone was interested in doing so what changes to the setting would be needed?

4 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @m-marino

Is anyone thinking of integrating the new Raspberry Pi camera into there scanner? If someone was interested in doing so what changes to the setting would be needed?

Just ordered one last week. I am not sure if the latest release of the used Raspberry Pi Camera Python library already supports the new camera.

https://picamera.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.13/

I will give it a try when  the new camera module arrives. 

m.marino
Topic starter
(@m-marino)
Eminent Member

@mario

Any update on the new camera?

Also I am working on the FabScan Pi board to alter it a bit to allow 4 lasers and only 2 motors (stepper or servo). Were would I share the new layout? As it is opensource based and I am only modifying what is already been done. The goal is to reduce the the amount of motor points , add 2 laser points as options and add 2 x 12v and 2 x 5v points to tidy up the board a bit. Any and all input would be welcome and I am using SoildWorks for the design software currently (it is what i have that can do the job). 

Take care folks and have fun.

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Any update on the new camera?

Not yet. I am preparing the new Release (0.9.0). Which will come with python3 and a lot of improvements. There is a german topic where some people are testing the upcoming release ( https://fabscan.org/community/german/testing-fur-release-0-9-0/#post-1384 ). As soon as i finished the release, i will care about the new cam module. 

Also I am working on the FabScan Pi board to alter it a bit to allow 4 lasers and only 2 motors (stepper or servo).

Sounds good.

Were would I share the new layout?

The best option would be on GitHub.

m.marino
(@m-marino)

Eminent Member

@mario

Understand and will do. Luckily i have a Github account.

Share: