[Solved] Problems with conecting to FabScanPi

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
thler
Topic starter
(@thler)

Hi...

Can anyone tell me what to do to come past this message?

i'm completely new to raspberrypi so im a bit on ice here.. :-)

there is no erros when the raspberry boots up.. i get ip 192.168.0.51 at boot up, but i cant come thrue to the scanner

i hope someone has the solution

br

Thomas

The FabScanPi server is currently not running

If you just started up your Raspberry Pi, please wait a couple of seconds, then try to refresh this page.

If the issue persists, please log into your Raspberry Pi via SSH and check the following:

• Verify that the process is running: ps -ef | grep -i fabscanpi | grep -i python should show a python process:
    pi@fabscanpi:~ $ ps -ef | grep -i fabscanpi | grep -i python
    root 14674 1 77 11:19 ? 00:00:02 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/fabscanpi-serveri
    --config=/etc/fabscanpi/default.config.json --settings=/etc/fabscanpi/defaul t.settings.json
    --logfile=/var/log/fabscanpi/fabscanpi.log
  • If it isn't, the question is why. Take a look into /var/log/fabscanpi/fabscanpi.log, there might be an error logged in there that helps to determine what's wrong.
  • You might also want to try if you can restart the server (if no obvious error is visible): sudo service fabscanpi restart.
5 Replies
mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

I think it is the same bug as many people have by using the current version (0.8.0). See https://fabscan.org/community/hardware/hat-not-working-same-as-everyone-else/ for further information. Have a closer look to my latest post in this thread.

Alan
 Alan
(@alan)

@mario

Hello Mario,

I am having trouble understanding what has been done with the problem. You mention you made a fix and someone reported it worked. Am I to understand that the 0.8.0 code has the repair in it now or are you going to post a new version to the Git?  Sorry for my not understanding as some of these terms are unknown to me. I do not have the background many have.

Thank you - Alan

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

I am not at Home at the moment. I will have a woking FabScan available on new years eve. So i am able to test my fix in a working setup. After a a final test in a fully functional FabScanPi, i will release a new image which will include the fix. Until this is not released you will have only one option. 
Flash the firmware manually how it is described in the post i mentioned above. Additionally you can patch the FSSerial.py file like it is described in the linked GitHub posting. It is not that hard to do, but you need more advanced Linux skills for editing this File with a text based editor on the terminal console.

Alan
 Alan
(@alan)

@mario

With my limited knowledge I will gladly wait for the master to do his work!

Enjoy the new year and thank you very much.

Regards - Alan

thler
Topic starter
(@thler)

Hey Mario... Thank you for the new software, now everything is connecting, and calibrated, i even did my first scanning today, and it looked pretty much okay, considering it is my first scan... looking forward to make a lot of scans :o)

Udklip

Share: