Ply to stl convert

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
farazpa800
Topic starter
(@farazpa800)

Hi friends, 

I use MacBook as a result I have downloaded a bunch of softwares to convert ply format to stl l but no success.

When they convert the file size is near to zero and even in those cases which I succeed with the conversion, as I try to open it in another software I get the corrupted file message.

Any suggestions will be appreciated a lot .

7 Replies
Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @farazpa800

Hi friends, 

I use MacBook as a result I have downloaded a bunch of softwares to convert ply format to stl l but no success.

When they convert the file size is near to zero and even in those cases which I succeed with the conversion, as I try to open it in another software I get the corrupted file message.

Any suggestions will be appreciated a lot .

You have to download the .ply files from the RPi. They are in / home / pi / Scans / and are several MB in size. There are already a lot of threads here...... after use meshlab  https://www.meshlab.net/#download  

Recommendation: Buy Mario's book, it describes everything down to the smallest detail

farazpa800
(@farazpa800)

@danilo0702 thank you mg friend I finally got to do it but I have a question if you can help me...

See this photo

snap

I scanned it but I the curvatures and many places it is hollow like this :

I tried different settings, different resolutions, different thresholds, saturation etc. But unfortunately no luck...

What shall I do?

I calibrated the device using calibration file and calibration stand as well...

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)

Reputable Member

@farazpa800 ... this is not god. the surface is too dark. Use chalk spray. I just use flour for this. You can find many tricks in the book from Mario.

farazpa800
(@farazpa800)

@danilo0702 thank you my friend 

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member

you should have at least 3-4 scans and then combine them in Meshlab.

D'ont use the newest Meshlab from 2020 ((bug)). You shold use the v2016

farazpa800
(@farazpa800)

@danilo0702 where did you buy his book?

What is its name?

mario
Admin
(@mario)
Honorable Member

Keep in mind my book is only available in german. I am planing to release some of the major instructions on the blog in english soon.

But if you are still interested in my book, you will find it at https://amzn.to/3pQG2ro

Share: