Notifications
Clear all

Fabscan still instable - changing voltage regulator, adding second servo for second laser?

Page 1 / 3

Micha_AC
Topic starter
(@micha_ac)
Eminent Member

Hi,

as I still can't get my Fabscan runnign properly I'm going to change my switching supply (12V step-down to 5V) for the original Fabscan V7805-2000 (from Watterott). I hope it is just some inteference with the voltageregulator.
Can I figure out if the voltage regulator causes the problem in any logfile? Or in any other behavior?

And I wonder if it makes sense to order a second servo, as well (at the moment one of my lasers is mounted on a servo, the other one [which I still didn't connect] is mounted on a stepper).

So is it better to have both lasers mounted on servos or on stepper motors nowadays?

13 Replies
Micha_AC
Topic starter
(@micha_ac)
Eminent Member

And btw. is it timo to connect the laser's motors? until now I had them disconnected, as the firmware didn't support it's movement :D

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @micha_ac

And I wonder if it makes sense to order a second servo, as well (at the moment one of my lasers is mounted on a servo, the other one [which I still didn't connect] is mounted on a stepper).

So is it better to have both lasers mounted on servos or on stepper motors nowadays?

Why are the lasers mounted on a servo? So with the Watterott set, the lasers (2 are supported by v0.9.4) are firmly mounted, as far as I know.

Micha_AC
Topic starter
(@micha_ac)
Eminent Member

When I bought the kit (it wasn't the full kit, as I had many party already here) it was common to mount the laser on the servo (which was included as far as I remember).

In thie time it was unclear if the project would use steppers or the servo for better results.
So what's the plan for the future?

Danilo0702
(@danilo0702)
Reputable Member

In the new version there are no such servo-driven lasers. I remember darkly. I created a thread with pictures for this. But he's already 2 years old. The forum looked different then. Now I don't know where he is anymore.

Page 1 / 3
Share: